1) Do we need to have Lynas? Apparently the number of jobs created will be less than 500. Even if its 1,500 jobs, you mean we do not have other FDIs to replace that?
2) Are we big end users of the stuff they 'make'? Will we suffer economically if they are not here?
3) Why won't their own country allow this so called very safe factory to operate? Is it that much cheaper? Is it that much cheaper to ship the fucking stuff all the way to Gerbang?
4) How can they build the factory when the powers to be apparently "have not" yet decided where to dispose the waste? Certainly Lynas would not be so silly as to start building the factory if they did not already have all the permits.
5) I would love it if the waste is shipped back to Australia, but you and I know THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. You talk about a country the size of Malaysia, and then compare to the land mass of Australia which is 20,30,40... times larger with huge desert lands to speak of, you mean they cannot even find a way way off location to dump the shit?
6) Of all the surrounding countries, why don't Lynas go to Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Burma, Laos ... why wonderful Malaysia? How about New Zealand? Or Samoa or PNG?
7) Can't we get another MNC to set up in Gerbang, I am sure there will be many takers with the many years of tax free status?
8) Money politics some may keep quiet, institutionalised corruption some may keep quiet, blatant manipulation of the courts and police some may still keep quiet ... but we are talking of our health, livelihood and right to exist in a clean environment.
9) If the waste is so safe, then I would like the top management to build a luxury housing facility for all senior management (Australians) and their families to stay there located no more than 1km from the dump site, for as long as Lynas is operating. We will gladly get volunteers to transport waters from the nearby rivers to water their plants and their daily use.
I applaud all who continue to protest (even when the factory is up). Yes, they will lose votes, they know they are losing that state already but the more they persist, the better the chance to make our votes count. They also know if they back pedal now they will still lose votes. People power comes in many factions and thanks to their 'brilliant minds' they have put themselves in a beautiful corner with a rope just long enough to hang themselves. Yes, please keep Lynas going by all means, ...